CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Game Capsule: March 7, 2009: Alcobendas vs. Badajoz

Score: 53-73
Statline: 8pts...6rebs...26 minutes...6 value


Ok. Statistically one of my worse games. It wasn't that they played good defense because they play lax D because they have 7 players and they don't want to pick up silly fouls. But I couldnt hit wide open jumpshots or make semi contested lay-ups. Matter a fact nobody on my team could make wide open jumpshots or semi-contested lay-ups. To make it worse we made one field goal in the 4th quarter...that's why we lost. The game was close the first three quarters. The biggest lead we had was 7 but it was back and forth back and forth in the makings of being a hell of a game...down to the wire. But we went zone at the end of the 3rd and ol girl from the other team knocked down two threes in a row and we couldnt respond. 4th quarter comes along and we got absolutely nothing going and they had everything going right. So bam there you have it a 20 point loss.

My problem: I know I have to play big from here on out. I got the attention of the entire league people saying im this im that and in big games my ass is not showing up. It's wierd because in College big games I beasted especially when I'm playing against somebody who is considered better than me...so why am I struggling right now I have no idea. A 6 value at home is inexcusable. What happend was that I let the coach get to me. I would shoot a open jumpshot (that on any other day I would make) he would yell get inside get inside...I go inside and pick up an offensive foul and he still yelling that I wasn't inside but I was on the block. The reason I chill at the high post is because the ball doesnt get reversed an the other post is down there posting but I get yelled at. Another example, on D the girl on the other team curled I stopped the curl I wasnt switching but my teamate switched guess who got yelled at for switching...ME! Therefore I was conscious of everything I was doing, making me second guess myself. On top of that my teamates are iffy looking at me when I post up. 3 out of the 7 they look at me first...everybody else pays no attention. Then one point guard doesnt look up and when she does look up she is not strong enough to make a full court pass when I'm running the floor, or the proper over the top pass when i'm cutting. So most of the time I feel like its a waste of energy. But, I have to keep doing in to prepare for my future. My next team might have amazing passers so I just keep working. I just say to myself go rebound I'll have better luck because depending on them to get me the ball, at least for right now, is for the birds.

Basically you can see I'm extremely frustrated. If Coach dont want me to shoot unless I'm inside fine. If he can't realize that I am really struggling right now to get anything one on one inside and is more affective at the high post what can i do? Or the fact that I work hard inside for position and don't even get looked at...hey aint nothing i can do then either. So, I have to work hard on the glass and run the floor. That's all I can do because playin our offense 5 on 5 is not working with me on the floor nor is me not even being looked at with good position.

If what I've been successful at doing all year is suddenly not working for you then they can find a "better" post player and send me home. I'd be more than happy to go. Please don't be fooled because basketball is going absolutely wonderful for me that my numbers are great and team record is great, oh no the mental battle is on another level. The past 6 months have ben a nightmare. Isolation can literally drive you to the point of insanity. To Be Continued...

0 comments: