CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

March Game Capsules: Playoffs? Playoffs? We talkin bout playoffs??

3-14 ASAC COMUNICACIONES ADBA VS. ISOLUX - CORSAN ALCOBENDAS 51-62
20pts (5 for 13) (1 for 1 3pt) 10 rebs...28 value....36 mins

This game right here! We played soooo bad!! We were down by like 15 at halftime!! It was so bad yo we had yet another quarter where we didn't score in double figures!!! You can't do that I don't know why that is happening to us. But its a trend...anyways we came out of half and we played harder and started our comeback. 4th quarter it was ours we locked down on defense and they scored 15 points total in the second half. I started bad but ended strong!! I was beastin and I hit a 3 to put the icing on the cake. My friend from home was there it is so good to see somebody you know in the stands. Great feeling. Good win though.



3-21 ISOLUX - CORSAN ALCOBENDAS - PIO XII 63-76
16pts (7 for 12) 16rebs...31 value...27 mins

This was a great game...for 3 quarters! We were back and forth and alot of lead changes. We were up by 7 or 8 at half. But once again we had a quarter where we scored like 8 points!! Problem...it was the 4th quarter!! I don't know the hell our problem is because this single digit scoring is going to show up again but i'll get back to that later. Anyways, I played well I was gobbling every single board it seemed like but that wasn't enough. The wierd thing is that my minutes are going down...because I'm hurt? I feel no pain in the games and I think I only had 1 foul...i don't know though I honestly think when we had the lead I shouldn't have sat so long because I got back in it was a 1pt lead and they had the momentum and it was a rap from there. So I don't know I guess me being the top player 1pt lead down 1pt whatever I have to be the one to get it done so yea blame on me...but I don't get touches either 12 shots in the game half were probably from offensive rebounds...something to think about...


3-28 MOGUERZA REAL CANOE N.C. - ISOLUX - CORSAN ALCOBENDAS 83-58
8pts (4 for 9) 7rebs...8 value...33 mins


This game was rediculous. Yea I said it. The first half was close we were back and forth. The game was really physical which of course is another teams advantage especially at their home court so they can get away with everything. In international basketball physical is the name of the game anyway so I wouldn't expect nothing less. But in the second half, yo you can hang it up. The fourth quarter I think he had 6 points total and they had 30. Our coach got throwed out of the game. It was just a mess. I just didn't play well at all. I wasn't feeling very well but still I have no idea why I slumped like that. This game was important for both of us because of the playoffs. They needed the win to stay in and we needed the win to get one game closer and we would have beat this team twice so we would win the tie break if it came down to that. So yea I didn't step up apparently. But again I give you something to think about…I took 9 shots…3 was offensive rebounds…as a post player I depend on other people to get me the ball so how can I do my thing if I don’t have the ball…something else to think about.

So basically a couple trends…my minutes are weird right now and my shot attempts. I am not one to complain about shots. I am not a selfish player, I am an extremely good passer and I look for shooters first but I only average probably 10 shots a game and 3 off rebs a game so basically im getting 7 shots 1 on 1 and I am statistically the best player that doesn’t add up you know. But hey its ok I just hope my teamates start making shots so the inside can open up more and I can help. I still need to work harder rebounding in traffic. That’s the goal for this next month…Traffic Rebounding and better post position.

Playoffs??? Well here is the latest standings...

1. PROFFASA BADAJOZ EXTREMADURA (20-5)
2.
CAJA RURAL PROMOGEST VALBUSEND (19-6)
3.
MOGUERZA REAL CANOE N.C. (19-6)
4.
UNIVERSITARIO DE FERROL (18-7)
5.
ARRANZ - JOPISA BURGOS (18-7)
6.
PIO XII (18-7)
7. ISOLUX - CORSAN ALCOBENDAS (16-9)

So we sitting pretty at 7th place (16 teams total). The TOP 4 TEAMS go to the playoffs. We are 2 games back with 5 games left in the season. The only playoff team we play is Ferrol in a couple of weeks everybody else is at the bottom of the bracket. Soooo, if we win all 5 and a couple of these teams beat up on each other...we might still have a chance. If we would have won against Canoe we would have had a better chance. Key thing is that its basketball...anything can happen!

0 comments: