CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, April 10, 2009

Game Capsule: Easter Edition ISOLUX - CORSAN ALCOBENDAS VS. INIEXA EXTREMADURA CÁCERES 201

4-9-2004 ALCOBENDAS vs. CÁCERES 83-62
Statline: 19 pts (7-9 shooting) (1-1 3pt) 7 rebs...28 Value...27mins

Ok this game I struggled. From the stats you are probably like what are you talking about?!?! But yes defensively I was bad. I mean I could not get through screens to save my life. They set so many sceens for their post player it was rediculous. I would try to cheat in the paint to try to beat her to the block but then they would set a down screen for her to shoot a 3...splash. Shit! Nex time I'm thinking "okay don't cheat play straight up" so I'm in the right place this time but then guard sets a slant screen to the block...dammit got me again...open bucket. Pretty much I was at a loss the whole game. Ol girl had 23 points on me. But think about it she had all screens set for her when I had her one on one I was cool. I don't have screens set for me ferreal mostly its post to post so they can switch but they miscommunication gets me an open bucket...thats yalls fault for not talking but me I can't switch because if I do its a 5'6 player against a 6'4 chick. But anyways this was a cool game for us we played well. Marta came back which is a blessing because honestly she is our best player. Marta aint no joke but she struggled a bit she sat out like 10 games she still knocked down shots and got some steals with 2 days of practice. She is my favorite to play with. If somebody went after her she is the only one I'd go to war with because through it all she has been the only one to have my back. I'm getting off track back to the game lol...so what happened was we just wore them down. They only had 7 people and we play like 12! They tried to go zone and we shot them out of the zone Apu hit 2 in a row, Marta came down an hit one, Sara hit one, Maria and Ali kept getting to the rim they were exhausted. Oh well too bad so sad we got a 20 point win lol. Way to head into Easter break with a W.

My goal of 16+ points and 12+ rebounds...WOMP WOMP WOMP didn't happen. I don't understand why I am in this rebounding funk. Can somebody help me, I just don't get it. I try. It just was not happening for me...so a whole month with no double double? I am the self proclaimed "Walking Double Double" I am really falling off. So now I am in the hole. I have 3 games to get 40 rebounds...sounds impossible? Nah nah nah not even. EeTisha Riddle gets boards don't underestimate me lol.

So now what happens? Nothing. Sit in the apartment for 4 days and get out of shape. I might go play pick up with the neighborhood boys one day...I doubt it. I'm jus gon heal up, do push-ups and sit ups, belly dance and finish my novel I have been writing sense I got here in September.

I can't give a playoff update because we played early. Everybody else doesn't play until Saturday...hopefully a couple of the big guns lose!! Keep those fingers crossed!!!

0 comments: