CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, April 24, 2009

Playoffs?? No haps...Game Capsule: Alcobendas vs. Universitario de Ferrol

4-18-2009 Alcobendas vs. Ferroll 83-61
Statline: 11pts (4-12) 15 rebs 37mins 19 value


Well well well this is a must win game. We had a chance to make a move to get into the playoffs with losses from all of the teams ahead of us. Sooo, all of the teams ahead of us in fact did lose...but did we win? NOPE!!!!! Instead, we got our asses fair kicked. Excuse my language but it isn't a nice way to put it. We played horrible from begining to end but we were in the game the entire time until the fourth quater. Fourth quarter was the pits. We had nothing going and they had everything going not to mention their star players were murdering us. Looking at the stats right now they had 4 players in double figures and two other people had like 2 and 3 points. Crying shame was what it was. We had a million turnovers and nobody could buy a bucket (including myself). Marta killed though she hit 6 threes! I wish she could have had help maybe we might have won. Marta and I were the only ones on my team with double figures and I only had 11 so that tells you what kind of a shooting night the team had.

So why the melt down??
Honestly, I think it was because we had too many days off. We had a four day easter break then came back and had one practice then took another day off making it 5 days from not playing basketball. Leaving us with two days to prepare...I told you in the last blog that we were shooting ourselves in the foot. The two practices we had were HORRIBLE. Same thing we did in the two practices is the exact same thing that was happening in the game...turnovers, horrible shots, fatigue, people doing random things that they don't normally do all that equals a horrible game.

So what now??
Nothing. Play my butt off the next 2 games to try to get 20 wins overall for the season. I had goals entering the season of getting as many wins as possible, averaging a double double and being one of the best players in the leage. So I am accomplishing all 3 of those at the moment but I still have work to do.

Next matchup: PDM Bembibre
About them: 3rd highest scoring team in the league, one of the best post players in the league, and they are on a 5 game winning streak
Us: Tough practices all week. Everybody still isn't on the same page. I had a really good practice and returning from our middle of the week off day I had a horrible practice and couldn't find my stroke. Thinking I could work on my shot at the next days practice I soon found off we had to take another off day on Friday because our gym was in use for Junior Championships. Therefore, we were off the day before a game. Bad look homie bad look. Its our last home game and I have to go out with a bang. I just pray I find my stroke an hour before the game...

0 comments: