CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 19, 2009

My President...

Well its only fitting that I said something about this piece of world history in the making...I really am at a loss for words. I remember when he was elected I'm all the way in Spain up at 6am watching CNN live watching the millions of people who gathered in Chicago to witness history in person. All I did was cry tears of joy because I think of how far my people have come. From slavery to jim crow, being to sit-ins, protests, marching for our freedom now to see a black man (mulatto man lol) as the president of the United States of America is truly an amazing accomplishment. They use to sing..."O deep in my heart, I do believe, that we shall overcome someday" and we have. I know our ancestors are smiling down right now and what a better birthday present to give Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. than his dream many years in the making is finally coming true!

The famous I have a dream speech:



Our President Barack Obama: A More Perfect Union Speech





Now you know I gotta end all of this with a song! Here it goes the live performance of "My President is Black (REMIX) Jay-Z absolutely killed it this was his rhyme:

My president is black, in fact hes half white
So in even in a racist mind hes half right
If you got a racist mind its all right
My president is black but his house is all white

Rosa Parks sat so Martin Luther can walk
Martin Luther walked so Barack Obama could run
Obama ran so all our children can fly
So Imma spread my wings you can meet in the sky


Here's the performance

0 comments: