CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Game Capsule: LET THE MADNESS BEGIN!! Alanya belediye vs. Optimum Ted Ankara Kolejliler

11-14-09 Alanya Belediye vs. Optimum Ted Ankara Kolejliler 69-79

Statline: 21pts 12rebs 3ast

First game jitters? Me? No way. I just look at every game as if I have a point to prove and that point is that I am the best player on the court. PERIOD.  I walk into the gym and it is packed.  Standing room only! For a girls game?? damn.  People were even outside pushing and shoving trying to look through the windows.  Crazy.  Coach said this is the team to beat.  They have the largest budget in our league and they have the best players.  Us on the otherhand is a team of extremely young but very talented girls.  This is my teams first year in the 2nd division so they didnt know what to expect. I had my own share of adversity to fight through.  I gotten sick the night before we left for Alanya.  I had no medicine.  I was struggling and was miserable.  I had fevers, couldnt breathe, extremely weak and the only thing they gave me was vitamins! I'm wondering how am I going to make it through this game.  GAMETIME.  Adrenaline, is a powerful thing I tell you!  I mean when it rushes your body you feel no pain, no ailments, nothing just a rush.  The ball was thrown up and the game was on and poppin.  I showed my dominance early and our team speed was getting to them.  One thing about that team was that they were very physical.  I went to the free throw line 13 times and I was on the road so that tells you right there how much fouling was going on.

Problem: Our zone defense is terrible.  Sometimes it works for a possession or two to throw the other team off but for an extended period of time its the worst.  That is how the team got back in the game.  They got it to within 3 at one point in the fourth but we went on a run and pulled ahead by 10 for our first victory.

Overall, it was a great win in a hostile environment against a great team.  After the game was over I just laid out on the floor.  I had nothing left in me.  I couldnt move.  I ended up at the hospital when we got back to Ankara.  You should have seen how people in the airport was looking at me like I had the Swine!! I didn't know what I had but it wasn't the damn Swine Flu. ust regular Flu haha.  I'm getting off track, the only thing I said after the game was that team is one American away from being a hell of a team...and a week later I got word that I was not the only Import in league 2...

0 comments: