CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Game Capsule: Down 1 with 2 minutes to go...Burhaniye Belediye vs. Ted Ankara Kolejliler

1-16-10 Burhaniye Belediye vs. Ted Ankara Kolejliler 77-71
Statline: 17pts 12rebs (7 offensive)

I'm fresh off the plane for starters.  Normally I wait a few days to calm down but I need to get this off my chest because it was rediculous how it ended.  This game was a battle from beginning to end.  As a team we didnt shoot that well and we didn't defend to great.  Usually our defense triggers our fast break but we still give up the most points in the entire league but on the brighter note we are the highest scoring team in the league. A bad first half but we ended the first half 34-34.  Basically its zero to zero and we can start over and get the ball rolling.  The ball never rolled and the refs started swallowing their whistles.  You expect that when your on the road but the obvious calls like  people blatantly slapped on the wrists, shoved in the air, rediculously getting bodied at the basket have to be made.  It was getting OC (yes i'm going to have to slang it up because you probably aren't allowed to talk about things like this) but what can you do right? Through it all we still were in the game. 

We finally had the momentum with 2 minutes left in the game and we were down by 1 point.  Let me take you through the posession:
We run a play all the way through and got a good shot but it was  missed.  I got the offensive rebound and went up and I missed.  Was I fouled? Not that much contact like I was getting all game so I should have made it but I didn't.  I'm running back and the ref calls a Tech on one of our players. Coach is livid! So guess what he gets? not 1 but 2 TECHS and gets throwed out.  But he had to go out in style by acting like he was going to steal on the referee.  I am screaming STOP IT STOP IT LOOK AT THE SCORE ITS ONE POINT SOMEBODY STOP HIM!!! I am in TEARS trying to get Betul to stop coach from getting another technical but instead they trying to calm me down because they probably didn't understand what I was talking about.  The other team gets 6 FREE THROWS AND THE BALL!! Now mind you it was a ONE POINT GAME! The girl makes 5 of 6 free throws but they missed the shot on their possession.  So we are down 6. We claw back we can pull it to 1 again but missed free throws and then people wanna do their own agenda when we was trying to get our shooter the ball and then we give up offensive rebounds and thats the game ladies and gentlemen.

Problems I see: Rebounding.  Okay I average alot of rebounds a game but I can't do it alone.  They sent 5 people to the offensive glass and we had 2 in the paint.  Everyone has to rebound not just the post player. Our backcourt is small but if your man is going in for the boards how about you come in the paint and fight too.  Offensively we are not running the right sets and people don't know their roles and try to do too much period. 

What happens now?:  I have no idea.  I thought it was back to the drawing board last week but I think we waisted 3 days of practice when we could have been preparing for this game but some days we dont even have enough players to play 5 on 5 so its like what can you do? Now some players are hurt who knows who is going to suit up for our next contest.  All I know is that I guess I have to try harder.  This game wasn't the best for me because I couldnt get on the block all my points came from fast breaks, penetration, or knocking down jumpshots.  Even though my jumper was ON i still only had 9 shot attempts so hey all I can do is run and rebound but its still hard to run 1. if you dont have the ball 2. if we arent gang rebounding.  Gang rebounding is important I can't do it alone.

How I'm feeling:  I am mad as hell because we had the momentum at the end of the game but it was lost because people want to lose their cool.  Players determine wins and losses I truly feel that this game was taken from us because people let their emotions get the best of them.  If you want to get T'd up don't do it when your team is in a position to win the game and if you do get T'd up get 1 not act a fool and get a 2nd and get throwed out of the game.  Not down the strech.  2 minutes! 2 minutes! If you want to act up do it early not with 2 minutes left.  You can say well yall didn't rebound, or yall didn't defend, or yall didn't score regardless of how bad we played we were in position to win with 2 minutes left.  He needed to take a breath and chill out and draw up a play while she was shooting the first technical.  There is no need for that outbusrt.  None.  That's all I'm saying.  Think about it.

This is my vent thank you for listening.

0 comments: